What to Do If You Are A Victim of a Pedestrian Accident
Pedestrian accidents are a serious problem in Minnesota. Every year, thousands of people are injured or killed in pedestrian accidents. If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident, you may be entitled to compensation.
Here are some things you should do if you are injured in a pedestrian accident:
- Seek medical attention immediately. Even if you do not feel injured, it is important to see a doctor as soon as possible after a pedestrian accident. This is especially important if you have any pain, numbness, or tingling. A doctor can evaluate your injuries and make sure that they are properly treated.
- Contact the police. The police should be called to the scene of any pedestrian accident. The police will create a report of the accident, which can be helpful in your personal injury case.
- Get the names and contact information of all witnesses. If there are any witnesses to the pedestrian accident, be sure to get their names and contact information. Witnesses can provide valuable information about the accident, which can help you build your case.
- Take pictures of the accident scene. If possible, take pictures of the accident scene before it is cleaned up. These pictures can be helpful in showing the extent of the damage and the cause of the accident.
- Save all of your medical bills and other expenses. If you have any medical bills or other expenses as a result of the pedestrian accident, be sure to save them. These expenses can be used to support your personal injury claim.
- Contact an experienced personal injury attorney. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you understand your legal rights and options, and can advocate on your behalf to get the compensation you deserve.
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident in Minnesota, please contact our office at 651-772-3446 for a free consultation. We will fight for your rights and help you get the compensation you deserve.
Here are some additional tips for what to do if you are injured in a pedestrian accident:
- Do not speak to the insurance company for the driver who hit you without first speaking to an attorney.
- Be sure to keep a copy of all of your medical records and bills.
- Keep a record of all of your lost wages and other expenses.
- Do not sign any documents from the insurance company without first having them reviewed by an attorney.
Pedestrian accidents can be very complex, and it is important to have an experienced personal injury attorney such as one from McCullough & Associates on your side. We have the experience and resources to help you. Contact our office today 24/7 at 651-772-3446 for a free consultation.